Followers

Monday, January 24, 2022

THOUSAND-AIRE!!


 Last Sunday was that amazing jackpot in one spot in the road,  but this Sunday  turned out pretty good too-- 71 coins in all! They were onesy twosey everywhere I looked. Was trying to "hit for the extended cycle" and just needed a socket. Not sure why I crossed over to check the other curb line , but there it was, a long 1/2" socket with a socket extender.  Ok, it's not like I need another socket,  I've already  found hundreds in the road, it's just the challenge. And it's shiny. And in the road. And of course it makes me laugh. 

     Ran across (literally) another (car) reindeer antler, now I have a matched set. Was wondering when the cars start growing these, what...late summer, to be ready for the Christmas season?? (ha!) I even found a giant Rudolph nose in the road recently, hopefully it's as easy to regrow the sniffer as it is the antlers. 

     I've been using a small plastic container, the kind you get sandwich meat in from the grocery store, to collect all the 'road' change. I'm about halfway through number 13 and the collection rate seems to be accelerating. Full they weigh around 5 lbs each, so it's a good thing they're on a really sturdy steel table.  Not sure how much is in each one, it'll vary of course, and the last one had a $20 bill I found, but they must average $15 or $20 each??  I'll have to dump one out out and check....I could be well on my way to being a thousand-aire!!!!

   Oh yeah, and my Sustain sports drink did not freeze up in the bottles I take with me. That's another 'shiny penny' right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers