Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Calm down, take a breath, say thank you, move on. : 03 04 2022

 


I usually  see lots of 'pig-iron' on my runs and the nuts I'm kind of required to pick up (hence the title), and of course there were 7 counting the lug 'nut.'  The small organizer thing that was in the road at the curb and probably wasn't there long seeing as it was still in one piece, was actually.......drum roll....... a Really Useful Box! It says so right on it, and here I was debating even picking it up. Boy, that was a close one!  I'm sure that will find an honored spot on the garage work bench (or the more apt label, "storing crap bench." 
     Another S hook, another hitch pin clasp, another micro fiber cloth, which looked pretty new or I would have left it there. The velcro'd brown whatzit next to the cloth was face down and looked like a woman's wallet, right at a street crossing and I was starting to feel badly for whomever lost it. Nope, just a coupon holder or whatever.
     I found 2 sockets, in different places, and then farther up the road, there was a small socket handle! Very usable, very handy, that one will end up in the toolbox. That huge lug nut I found ironically was in front of the auto shop where I just had 4 new tires installed.  So of course I had to poke my head in the door and give them a little good natured **** about it. 🙂

     Penny, nickel, quarter, but the dime was again off doing it's own thing. Funny, I did find a penny again later, at the grocery store, at the self checkout, which wasn't working right (ok, so I kicked it before I left, hey- he started it!). I looked down as I grabbed my receipt and was leaving, and there at my feet was my shiny penny. As if to say, you're so incredibly blessed and you're going to get torked over nothing???? It had been a long day which had not gone right, but I appreciated the symbol. Calm down, take a breath, say thank you, move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers