Followers

Friday, April 21, 2023

911 Emergency

This is Karen. I am Jim's honey, as he calls me. Known here for my internationally famous eyeroll.

I'd like to be quippy or charming or entertaining, but this is not the time. But, it is still the time to be positive and have gratitude. Jim started this blog because he is always grateful for even the smallest thing. A shiny penny. A new lugnut. The opportunity to return a lost wallet or make someone smile.

Jim is in the hospital. ICU to be exact. Unconscious. Traumatic brain injury. 7 days now.

While on his daily run, last Saturday, April 15th at about 8 AM, while he was crossing an intersection, cars collided and sent Jim flying. He landed in the grassy area of the chapel located there.

People were quick to run to him to lend aid, including a local police officer who saw him running earlier, and we are grateful. Thank you.

Rushed to the hospital, he had emergency brain surgery to alleviate the swelling and pressure. There are several facial, a rib, pelvis and femur fractures, all of which do not require surgery at this time. So I can only attribute that to a large Angel who wrapped his wings around Jim and took the brunt of the impact. Thank you.

At the hospital, they found out about the blog. The nuts, bolts, coin and screw collection in his pockets. Threw their hands up and said, " That's why he had all that junk in his pockets!!" He'll love that when I can tell him.

We don't know what's going to happen. We take tiny signs or improvements as gifts. We stand on the belief that he will fully recover and be restored. And, we show gratitude for that which we have not seen..... yet.

I may try to slip in here, eyerolls and all,  and attempt to make sense of his fascination for crunched metal and rubber ducks. Until he can step back into the writer's chair.

That is my hope. That is my belief. That is my deep desire. Then, I can go back to just contributing eyerolls. 🙄


17 comments:

  1. Oh My Wonderful Fellow Eye-Roller - I am eternally hopeful. Hopeful Jim pulls through this Hopeful he regains his strength. Hopeful you feel the comfort and strength from your guardian angel wrapping her wings tightly around you.
    ❤️Val❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both thank you and receive all your words.❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts Jim's way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fear not for I am with you be not anxious for I am your God I will strengthen you
    Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers that his angel continues to wrap her wings around Jim so he may gather strength to heal. Also to give you strength as you continue to watch Jim with your love and 🙄.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has to recover. He simply must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it. The world needs more people like him.

      Delete
  7. Well written, Jim will be proud. I greatly appreciate the update. Praying for a full recovery for Jim and strength for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the use of the verb...will. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. You got this! Faith will see you through 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it in my heart, but it sure is encouraging to be reminded. Thank you.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for adding to Jim’s blog to keep us up to date. It must have been terribly hard to write, but it’s very appreciated. Your faith and positive attitude will serve you both well in this trying time. Tons of prayers and healing wishes are flooding over from Jim’s high school friends and surely from many other places as well. Hugs and love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He will be so humbled when he reads how many people are in his cheering section. Prayers and pom poms.

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers