Followers

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Junctions

Karen here. Standing in for Jim. Still.

Another junction."Y" in the road. Big one. 5 weeks today that a collision of two vehicles spun out of control and invaded the sidewalk where Jim was jogging in place waiting to cross the intersection...struck him... And created the world we previously did not know.

There have been many progressions over the weeks, creating many junctions where things could have gone either way. Whatever direction was taken at each "Y", the series led us to where we are now. Whether he has been able to consciously decide some of those junctions, we may never know. But, we do know that faith, prayer... Constant intent for Jim's well being Have supported the Path of forward moving direction that he is on.

The big junction yesterday was a confirmation that he is moving to a rehabilitation hospital. Today.

Movin' on Up!

This is where he will have targeted treatments, therapy, and encouragement to repair and recover. The journey will be full of junctions. Some will be small progressions, but that's okay. That's how he got this far. And, just like his progression of running distances...100 yard sprint...220 yard sprint...5k...10k...starting half- marathons at age 62... he will build stamina and make it personal. I'm expecting that.

I'm expecting this junction in the road is already determined as best for him... So it came into being. With your help. We thank you. I'm expecting that the healing and work to get healed will happen as it should, or faster. I'm expecting the junctions in this path of rehabilitation will lead him to the best results. Still, I am expecting full recovery for him. I have no reason to change my thinking or belief. I expect there is a greater purpose.

And, at the junctions to come that lead to that purpose, I expect to be able to see clearly, what we can not even imagine right now. And, I will not limit that wonder by trying to figure it out.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!! Thank you Jesus!! 🙏❤️ Without your love & constant encouragement & standing by his side it’s possible we wouldn’t be seeing this day😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, truly. I wouldn't be any where else.

      Delete
  2. Karen, every one of your entries are moving, positive and inspirational. You capture the complete accurate description of who Jim is, in describing his daily achievements with a now awareness. My continous daily prayers, like yours, are for complete healing, because I know and believe prayer works.
    Garo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, and you keep believing and thinking that way, and pray it into existence!

      Delete
  3. I agree with all these beautiful comments. Please keep telling us any specific skills or things that need to happen for the next step whenever you know it, so we can focus on that, as well as the big picture of healing. This is how I see Gentleman Jim in a year. He'll be in his choir Tuxedo and if he needs a cane, it will be a spiffy one so he can stand tall and handsome.❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to do that. And, if he totes a cane....it will never have looked better.

      Delete
  4. Hello TD !!! I just caught up with the tremendous progress you are making each day on the trail back to being on your feet! And it will happen just that way. A rise from the bed, a stand on your own, a step in any direction and then a stroll through the corridor. I was lucky last week and found a bowling machine much like the one we teamed on at TC’s !!!! You and Henry and me and a few others would ride the wave of victory game after game, and consume a volume of beer and shots for free much of the night. I will have it in place soon, probably about the time you are back to your antics.
    Thank you, Karen, for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of all that, and I will be sure to tell him! Thanks and start setting up!

      Delete
  5. I am in agreement with you Karen, no reason to believe any different! God is Great!!!
    Nothing is impossible for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the limits. Because of our beliefs. The Creator does not. When we recognize the Creator DNA within us, it expands in us and beyond. Like developing any muscle, it gets stronger and easier to recognize with each use. Thank you for standing with us!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the update, praise God he continues to answer prayers and give us all hope. Bless you and Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We receive that from you!

      Delete
  7. Hopefully the rehab location will realize what an incredible man is now in their care! Tell all of his previous caregivers, especially the therapist, THANK YOU for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They already have a sense based on what he has survived....so far. And this appears to be a fantastic facility!

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers