Followers

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Trauma

"A deeply distressing or disturbing experience." That is the nutshell definition. The lengthy explanation involves too many negative words that inflict powerlessness. So, i'm going for the short A to B version.

We left ICU yesterday!! Jim's vital signs and breathing are such that he no longer requires the attention of the ICU. So, now he is in the Trauma Unit. This is care that is one step down from intensive. One nurse per three patients, rather than one nurse per two. ICU has beds like Ferraris. Powered, wired, some form of design, and they even make a whirring sound when moving. Trauma beds are Cadillacs at best. The room is much smaller, more crowded, but room enough for all the care and support he needs. And a few visitors. And all the prayers.

 We were treated with great kindness and concern in ICU. 18 days. And I am most grateful. Jim touched people there. Even in his restricted condition, people saw him and his goodness. He inspired some to want to take better care of themselves, not to sit down when they got home tired from their day, but to walk or maybe run some. To realize that any given day, your life can change.

 I packed the bags, the cards, the photo of him and one token rubber duck for the move. Out the door. I said goodbye to the receptionist who acted tough, but was a softy really. Just protective of the patients and policy. Earlier in the day when I got to ICU, she greeted me with," You're late today!". Getting things ready for him to come home." I responded, " I am hopeful ". Quick as you please, she corrected me. " No. You are prayerful. Speak power over him. That he is healed. Use God's words over him. And remember, that words are powerful, and once they come out, you can not take them back. Stand strong in your faith and God's promises".

When I left ICU, I was able to hug her and receive more of her caring and words gift. Her name is Catrice. She is a God plant.

9 comments:

  1. God bless Catrice! That's a nurse I'd want to take care of me! What she says is true and we are speaking healing scriptures and promises aloud because His word does not return to Him void but
    accomplishes what He says it will. ❤️ God has good plans for Jim. J& K..or "Wilson"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger that, Wilson!

      Delete
    2. My prayers for Jim and you, continue. (Tom K)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Karen. Alexandra and I (as well as several other friends of ours) have had Jim-Bob in our prayers. We’re praying for God’s will to be done in my buddy’s life. That nurse can very well be an angel. Great wisdom in her words.

    I pray Jeremiah 29:11 for Jim: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a FUTURE!”

    Hang in there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Positive steps!

      Delete
    2. I'll tell Jim, Rudy. Appreciate your support.

      Delete
    3. Thank you all!

      Delete
  3. Grateful to read of small positive steps. 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and steady. No turn arounds.

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers