Followers

Friday, June 2, 2023

Piano Man

 After his initial walk, he went to peddling machine. I thought it was a good time for music. I suggested a few favorite talents when he agreed to Billy Joel, with eyebrows raised. So, I called out a few titles. "Piano Man", it is. A first for a specific request. 

It started out....

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday

The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sittin' next to me
Makin' love to his tonic and gin.......
And,  then Jim chimes in........singing along.
"He says, "Son can you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes" 

So add lyrics to his list of recent accomplishments!
La, la-la, di-di-daLa-la di-di-da da-dum




4 comments:

  1. How delightful. Things are picking up speed in the come back race. Or maybe it is a musical...gee, what a grand finale is coming! Singing is in his soul. For me, one of the signs that I know I am on the up swing to tough times is when I find myself singing. Billy ❤️ Joel would be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Jim will write his own. He loves lyrics.

      Delete
  2. We know you can do it Jim!!! God is on your side!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God definitely has his hand on Jim. Even Superman can't do this alone. 🤗

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers