Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

SMILES MULTIPLY

 

     It was a good run, everything felt pretty good too! I had just been to PT so everything was pretty loose.  Considering how achey some tendons were at Thanksgiving, I'm truly thankful (there's another shiny penny!)  Nothing really unusual out there today which is how lots of runs go. You just get out there and do it, and the quiet time, the getting your head straight time, the 'genius time' is enough. 

     I'm going to smile, wave, or acknowledge most everybody I pass. I will always wave to the vehicle at intersections that doesn't run me over (always a plus!), and I want to encourage that kind of behavior.  But I very much enjoy how smiles multiply.  I smile at somebody and almost always get a smile back--now there's two.  And maybe that one gets shared, so there's 3+.  And I'll say good morning to everybody I run across (pun intended-- buh-da-bum) and nearly always get a hello and a smile back. That all multiplies.   Not everyone actually hears me I've found as a lot of people have earbuds in listening to something, so they're responding to the wave mostly. I could have waved and said "I'm a purple squid" and they wouldn't have known.  The only bad part if that is that they may not hear the vehicle that maybe wasn't paying enough attention and doesn't see them. That's a problem. 

    I was waiting to cross at a very large and very busy intersection yesterday morning and the guy stopped next to me at the curb rolls down the window. He said he sees me running a lot and wondered what I was picking up. I gave him the short list---pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, sockets, lug nuts, cell phones, wallets, credit cards, tools, and he was surprised. Hey, no more than me I guess when I stumble across all that stuff (and more). I run that route once a week so I guess maybe our paths have crossed a few times.  Makes me wonder about how I'm perceived, I'm seen running some place or another every day so I suppose folks get used to seeing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers