Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A DISH FOR THE DUCKIES

 


     Every day's run is truly a mystery, what will you find and where will you find it?  This was from Sunday Dec 5th, 2021 and of course Sunday is a longer run, usually 10 miles but might be 12 if I do a little extra exploring, so I would expect to find more as there's more places to look.  Found a #1 birthday candle, so anyone celebrating the 1's (1, 11, 21, 31, etc) I got you half covered.  I hit for the cycle, extended cycle actually (all four coins, a socket, and lug nut), which seems to be a given more often than not.  Lots of change, 8 quarters, 14 dimes, 5 nickels, and 24 pennies so that easily covers a gallon of gas.  And I found, right there next to the road, in the grass between the curb and the sidewalk, there was a doggie water dish.  With as many rubber duckies as I've found I figure the dish would give them a place to crash, although all 14 won't fit in it at the same time, they'll have to swim in shifts I guess.  

     I found a small caliber bullet in the road, I've seen a number of casings, but this was the first live one I think, and I was careful not to drop it.  There are always a lot of nuts, bolts, washers, and screws in the road, and I expect they're off some part of a car.  Lots of job security for all you mechanics.  Some I recognized from my youthful days working on my first car, a 1964 Chevy Biscayne wagon, two tone--green and rust.  It was a three speed on the column and I loved that hunk O' junk!  There are so many lug nuts I've found on the curb line, if anybody needs one---I have it--all sizes, shapes, colors, types, and even  a few specialty lug nut removers.  I found another bungie cord, and I've been able to make use of a lot of them but, like the lug nuts.... I'm flush.  Looking at the picture I see a long skinny socket, I've been finding a lot of longer ones, or extensions, or more specialized ones let's say.  One of these days I'm going to start putting sets together, I'm sure it would help move some of them at the next garage sale.

(thought I posted this on the 24th??? guess I forgot to hit 'publish'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers