Followers

Thursday, January 20, 2022

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES


     Hit the streets running yesterday and it was mid 50's outside.  You could tell something was coming, the skies were dark, it wasn't raining, just spritzing. Hit for the extended cycle! (again).  I'm always grateful for the first, and sometimes the only, shiny penny I find (thank you creator of all for this symbol of your infinite abundance!) but it seems like anymore I find all four coins and the lug nut and socket as well.  Found a flapjack flipper in the road too, nice to know I've got that covered now.  No more burning the flapjacks cause I couldn't get'em out of the pan.  Yeahyuh! 

     Today was a little different.  26 degrees.  11 with the wind chill.  It took a lot longer to get out the door because of all the layering, 7 on top and 4 on the bottom plus cowl for the face and ski hat, and two pair of gloves.  Felt like Nanook of the North (apologies to my Canadian friends where it was -28 today). I always have an Access (workout) Bar before I go out and I eat it when I get up, but by the time I get my eyeballs to stay open and I'm finally dressed, and I've had a chance to stretch out, it can be 2 hours and then I need another bar.  At least the sports drink I take with me didn't freeze in the bottle, I just have to use warm water to mix it and not use what I put in the fridge.  Wasn't sure I hit for the cycle as the nickel was pretty beat up and I couldn't tell until I got back.  Wind was a blowing, eyes a watering, nose a runnin, it was really attractive.  I did run across (literally) another reindeer antler in the road, probably the last one of the season.  They show up on cars right after Thanksgiving and I've seen tons of them, singles in the road.  It makes sense, real reindeer males will shed their antlers after mating season, right before Christmas.  How cars know to start losing them at that point I'm not sure, they must be those smart cars. 

2 comments:

  1. It was a pretty cold run today, good thing I got my meggings on :). Loving the posts thank you! I'll let you know next time I need a bolt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am unknown as my posts so this is other Jim :)

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers