Followers

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Where's That Shiny Penny?


I run every day, it's where I can explore, think about the day and what's ahead, work on a problem, and where inspiration usually comes from. It's also where shiny pennies find me.  What started as one here and there has grown to where, on an average Sunday run I'll find probably 20 pennies, along with 5 quarters, 8 dimes and 4 nickels.  There is also the usual assortment of sockets, lug nuts, cell phones, credit cards, tools, and my favorite.... rubber duckies.  Yup, I'm up to 14 now...ya gotta laugh.  And it's spilled over to other places now.  I'll fill the gas tank and what will I find on the ground by the car door?  Yup, my penny.  I've read a lot of Dr Wayne Dyer's books and the one on The Power of Intention seems to speak to a lot of what I seem to find.  He speaks about positive intentions and positivity, bringing good things into your life, and every day it seems that expecting good things--finding that penny--goes a long way to making it happen.  He was poor as a kid and used to look for soda bottles to redeem for a nickel and he'd always give thanks "for this symbol of the Creator's infinite abundance.

I've been taking pictures of what I find every day for quite a while now and I thought I'd start sharing the varied and fun stuff out there.  From the life vests to the $20 bills, to hubcaps, crescent wrenches, pens, pencils, drivers licenses, school ids, gift cards, and on and on and on.  You just never know what you'll find! 

The first post has an assortment including a fork in the road found at "a fork in the road"

2 comments:

  1. This Guy, you gotta love his attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dog Mom!! You are most astute (just like your sister!😊 )

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers