Followers

Friday, January 14, 2022

HITTING FOR THE CYCLE

      I usually feel like every day is going to be an adventure.  It was a pretty day today (that's a shiny penny right there), sunny and not too cold out.  No traffic to direct (a story for another day).  I run the same route most of the time with a few small changes here and there but for the most part it's the same old route--and every day I find something different.  I think today was dime day-I found 8 but-----I hit for the extended cycle!!!  In baseball getting a single, double, triple, and homer in the same game is considered hitting for the cycle.  I figure for me that would be finding a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter on the same run, and I seem to do that a lot so I added hitting for the extended cycle which is getting a lug nut and socket as well.  Got'em all, 4 coins (+), a lug nut, 2sockets and a socket extender.  And of course a hub cap.  I already have 20 in the garage now and we sold 30 of them at our last garage sale. Gotta laugh!  Quite often there's tools out there too, today was a screwdriver and a phillips head drill bit.  Also a reindeer nose and a little orange squishy thing.  I've got so much "pig iron" now that I'm trying to be a little more selective.  It needs to be money, or something useful, or something unusual, and some days it just depends on what I've found already.  

      I titled the blog One More Nut In The Road because of the lug nuts and other assorted nuts I was finding a few years ago.  And I always think, here's a nut in the road being picked up by...a nut in the road.  Karen and I have talked about having a lug nut award.  It would go to the most exasperating or uncooperative or inept or, well, you know, person that month.  We'll have a plaque and there will be 12 lug nuts, one for each month and they'll be awarded to the person you'd most like to say---well bless their heart to.  (we won't actually give them a plaque, it can stay on our wall and we'll have a metal name plate with the name and date. Joshua---you're number 1...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers