Followers

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

DIRECTING TRAFFIC

 

     Although it was kinda brisk out this morning, tomorrow's going to be snow and ice?!  I know, I know, in Texas??  Anyway, today's treasures included 2 Christmas stockings, 2 hooks with nylon cords, 2 quarters, pennies, a little baby socket-quarter inch 7/32", and another Australian half penny replica pendant.  There was also a Lotto 2nd chance drawing scratch off, one of the ones for a trip to Vegas, but it somehow escaped from my pocket before I got back, probably making its way back to Vegas.

     I made mention briefly once before about directing traffic, and I had a chance to do just that today.  It started at some point last year, most of the routes I run end up crossing RR tracks at some point.  Which means that at some point, me and the train, we gonna meet.  I was waiting for the train to clear, waiting at the cross arms, leaning on the cross arms looking down, and there, in the white gravel between me and the train was an I-phone.  It blended in perfectly with the white stones and if I hadn't had to stop, I never would have seen it.  Go figure.  After that I decided that if had to stop, I was at least going to have a little fun doing it.  So now when I have a train that's crossing, I'll go out in the road and direct traffic.  I will hold a hand out to stop cars that are already stopped at the crossing, and I will direct a train through the intersection that was coming through anyway.  And then when it's clear I'll signal the cars to continue on, which they are about to do anyway.  It's the ludicrousness of all this that makes this fun.  Most people get the humor and I usually get a thumbs up from the cars closest to the intersection.  I've even gotten the train engineer to blow the train whistle for me a couple of times.  Ok, I get it, it doesn't take much to amuse some people.  But it just seems better to have fun with a situation than to get all steamed about something you have no control over.  And life's way too short to get all torked about the little stuff and for the most part, it's all little stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers