Followers

Friday, February 4, 2022

TOLL LANE CHANGE

 


     It was another morning when it took forever to finally get out the door.  Yes, I had to eat another Access workout bar because it had been more than two hours, but for once I caught a break because it gave the sun extra time to melt some of the ice that was everywhere.  The bad thing here about running the 2nd day after a snow is that where there was snow with traction yesterday, it's melted and frozen now and is pretty slick.  Fortunately, there were a lot of places where there was snow covered grass which was pretty safe.  I found the dime first and the pennies one after the other after that.  I found the large nut in the road (now where have I heard that before?) and then not too far from the RR tracks (sadly no traffic to direct) I found a cache of small nuts, which in the picture reminds me of a mama duck with a little parade following her.  I only took a bottle of sports drink today, and no aminos, when it's that cold you don't get all that thirsty.  I do get a little pick-me-up from the Sustain which is why I took it but since it had started to freeze in the bottle yesterday, I mixed it with hot water today.  I've never had it hot before, it never occurred to me since usually the runs are warmer here and the last thing you want is something hot.  But maybe I've stumbled on to something.

     I was looking at all the containers full of coins I've got here, 12 and a half plastic luncheon meat containers at the moment and I remember when all that change used to be pretty handy.  My first car was an old, rusty, beat up Chevy wagon, which I LOVED by the way, 3 speed on the column, power tailgate window, AM-FM 8 track player (really---an 8 track player...and I had two 8 track tapes--HA).  And since I didn't smoke, I kept the ash tray full of change which in those days was handy because you had roads with toll lanes where you had stop and pitch quarters in the basket to make the toll lane arm go up. So if "pitch a quarter" toll lanes ever come back, I got it covered.  I think I got us ALL covered.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers