Followers

Saturday, February 5, 2022

HOLD THE HOT SAUCE!

 


     Well it's two days after the ice and snow and the streets and sidewalks are pretty good.  The only trouble spots were shaded areas like under trees or the north side of a taller building.  And no ankle-deep puddles of icy cold water!  I am especially not happy getting my feet wet, which happens of course, it's just the getting wet part I hate.  It's kind of like wading into a lake that's relatively cold and you inch in and torture yourself.  Better to just jump in and you're done! 

     Ok, today I found some change that had been hurt in the road, a bent quarter I found at a pretty busy intersection, and the penny I somehow spotted just along the curb line.  It's funny now how I'll catch something out of the corner of my eye, and it will take a sec to register.  But I'll turn around and inevitably it'll be a penny, and in this case, it was indeed.  Found a nickel but didn't hit for the cycle today, I'm thinking my dime was still under some unmelted snow at the curb line.  Something for the next run.  Found another Wally World gift card, haven't looked yet to see if it's worth anything, and I also found a packet of "Secret Sauce."  This one was "Texas Pete's Hot Sauce" and Pete ol buddy, it's all yours, I don't do hot/spicy anything.  That gene obviously skipped my generation, my dad loved his hot sauce (he'd put it on scrambled eggs???---really dad???) and my son likes it too.  

     Found another hitch pin, I do have uses for them, and have a number that get used on a regular basis, but it's something more for the next garage sale (or more accurately--the stuff on the tables in the garage sale, I'd rather keep the garage).  Not sure what the green metal pineappley looking thing is but I'm guessing it's a schmancy tire valve cap.  All in all, it was the usual collection of stuff I couldn't have predicted would be there.  Tomorrow (Sunday) is the long run and it has been fun of late--wallets and rubber duckies and change (oh my) everywhere.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers