Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

THE USUAL STUFF : 08 02 2022


      This was kind of a short run, the last week or so has been challenging.  We got exposed to COVID and have been dealing with it as best we can.  My honey has been getting a lot of rest, thank goodness.  and I still have run every day except yesterday.   I got pretty cooked on the long weekend runs and I just needed a day away, so I didn't run Monday.  I can keep clear from everyone while running so no worries there.  And with what I'm doing at work, I'm outside removed from everyone so all I have to do is brave 100+ heat.  Needless to say, I was not moving at warp speed.  But I did at least get out to stretch my legs a little today, that's a plus.  And I did 'hit for the cycle', that's a plus. (Thank you Creator!!) And I had the infamous Gorilla Grip, that doesn't happen every day. There was another micro-fiber towel, probably from the nearby car wash.  There was also some kind of socket adapter, it fits a 1/2" socket and has a round ribbed top, not sure where you use that one.  It was a day with the usual stuff. 

     I also included things I stumbled across while out working (at impulse speed) the evening before and it's the same stuff I find when I'm out running.  A lug nut, a Contour Grip glove, a small baby S-hook, shiny pennies, and a dime.  I find more and more now, that this stuff follows me wherever I go.  How is that???  I look down somewhere and there's my shiny penny.  Am I more aware of it now?  And why is it 30 years ago that I never noticed the pennies that show up now?  Have they been there all along and I was oblivious, or has the Creator of all things just waited until now?  I wouldn't call me clueless 30 years ago, but I do think I'm more aware of what's around me now.  And maybe more thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers