Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

About Those 100s : 09 26 2022

 

            How do you lose your car keys in the road and keep driving?  A question for the ages.  There were other keys out there too but I just picked up the one for the picture (lest I risk the dreaded internationally famous eye-roll).  The antenna I may or may not have a use for but since I've found three or four others I guess I can add this one and sell them all as one lot at the next garage sale.  Or better yet, I can add it to the selection of 'fine' electronic whatzits in the 'Rundover' Store.  There was some pig-iron in the road, the usual machine screws, washers, and NutsInTheRoad (ok, just think it) that I'm assuming fell off somebody's vehicle.  Don't you wonder how people's cars (or trucks, or whatever) stay in one piece?  I've gotten much better about not picking up the rusty-beat up-I can't think of a use for stuff, but there's probably twice as much of that out there.  Job security for somebody.  3 quarters, 3 nickels, 4 dimes and 14 pennies, on a route that I probably ran twice in the last week.  Go figure?!  And the lug-nut I found early on, so when that 15mm socket showed up toward the end of the run I had once again 'hit for the extended cycle'  Go figure again!

     I've published 215 of these blogs so far and I refer back to earlier ones a lot so for anyone that looks at these, scratches their head, and wonders what the **** he's talking about, I offer my apologies.  Don't feel bad, most of the time I wonder the exact same thing.  Anyway, thank you to everyone for taking a minute to look.  It seemed logical since I was going to be running every day anyway, and taking a picture of all this silly stuff in the road, and sending some of it to friends and family, to take it a step further and do the blog.  I am open to comments and suggestions.  I never know what I'm going to be writing about on a given day as I never know what I'm going to find-or rather what's going to find me, but I do wonder sometimes if what what I'm focusing on doesn't influence what I find.  I could focus on finding 20 dollar bills, heck or Benjamins even, but to be honest I enjoy finding every shiny penny. That little symbol of the Creator's infinite abundance which reminds me every day how incredibly blessed I am.  Now....about those 100s......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers