Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Icing On The Cake : 09 08 2022

 

     The run is the main thing, the stuff is secondary.  The stuff though, is what helps to get through those runs when either it's very hot, cold, wet, dark, or maybe you're just tired and don't have very much wanna.  I remember in the pre-stuff era, on some of those "wahh" days I'd be thinking about maybe packing it in a little early.  Now, especially if I'm short just one coin from 'hitting for the cycle', the thinking is always, "well, maybe an extra 10 or 15 minutes", which could be an extra mile or two.  Just need the right incentive sometimes.  Ok, stuff.  That is one gigantic socket!  It's as big as the one I found on 8/14 and twice as long.  I'd put it with the 'Rundover' Store's collection of quality hardware but I believe that one's going in my tool box.  There were the obligatory 'nuts in the road' today.  Alright, alright say it, I always do when I pick'em up,"picked up by one more nut in the road."  There were two drill attachments, one for a slotted head screw and one that I thought was a 1/4" hex shank drill adapter but I can see it used to have a small drill bit on one end.  The 1/4" end is still good for something though.  No tools today with zippity names like Biffcrank drivers or Nordspit sockets.  Normal is good.  

     There was a Dumbo Feather sitting on the sidewalk and I did hold it for the last mile, although I never even came close to flying.  It was worth a shot.  I did 'hit for the cycle', and most days, if I'm patient it almost always happens.  Counting that gigundo socket, I'd just need a lug-nut to make that the 'extended cycle (penny,nickel,dime,quarter, socket,lug-nut)'.  Now, I found a Wheel Lug Nut Cap for a GM or Chevy truck and I think that's close enough so I'm counting it.  They sell those online for about 83 cents each so I figure the one or two I find a month will allow me to become independently wealthy at some point after we all have Jetson's cars that fly without wheels (or lug-nut caps).  And the change in the road today, 2 quarters, two dimes, two nickels, and a dozen pennies, that's just icing on the cake as they say.  Thank you Creator for all these little blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers