Followers

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW : 09 07 2022

 

     Ok, 7 lug nuts?  Granted I haven't run this route in a very long time, but people, do yourself a favor.  Find someone that can put a little umph on them.  We're not talking about any major kind of bulk-a-tude.  Just makes sense that the tires will wear better if they stay on the vehicle.  That said, there was a lot of pig-iron out there today, and I guess it was machine screw day.  Well, and washer day, the score there was 9 to 9.  There was a small piece of copper tubing, surprisingly heavy, and solid copper.  I would think it's worth something to recycle, add another 50 of them and it might pay for a small coffee at 7-11.  There's something to look forward to, oh yeah.  I found my 2nd red bungee cord, just sitting out there in the road looking all forlorn.  Not sure the significance of using red but I guess they're easier to find in the garage?

     Yes, that is a grape, there were a number of them one after another in the road along the curb.  I've found real cherry tomatoes, apples, oranges, lemons, plastic strawberries, and the like but now we can add grapes to the list.  There was something today that I haven't seen since my SW Bell repairman days.  That thing inside the coil of CAT5 wire at the top left went in the phone box outside people's houses.  It was was connected to a ground source and was lightning protection, so if lightning hit the phone lines, it would kick the voltage to ground.  And keep stuff from exploding, catching fire, you know, bad stuff.  That CAT5 coil is still useful, it's used with your network connections at a modem, router, etc.  So now I lebenty six plus one of them.  That key was pretty close to a lock I saw in the road and I did try the two together, but they weren't related.  

     Which brings us to the money part.  I did 'hit for the cycle' today, yes, again, I know I know.  A quarter, two dimes, two nickels and 9 pennies and one of the pennies was along a curb line that was just painted (that would be the yellow one).  And, keeping the yellow guy company, about 2 minutes from being finished was my quarter.  So it goes to show, you just never know where or when.  But of course, thank you Creator for all these symbols of your infinite abundance.  Eay-yay uh-yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers