Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Good Luck Jeremiah : 10 04 2022

 

     I got a late start today, but things worked out the way they were supposed to.  More on that.  There were a number of useful tools today, a 7mm socket, a star-point driver for a 1/4" socket, and a 1/4" socket extender.  There was also a Dewalt phillips-head drill bit, and a pretty stout pair of scissors out there too.  I've found any number of pairs of scissors and they can be a challenge bouncing around in a pocket for an hour.  Sometimes I'll pick up something because I'm curious, and that triangular shaped thing to the left of the phillips-head bit was one such item.  It says AM on the front and electronic alarm on the back and 'Da Googles' tells me it's some kind of security alarm they put on merchandise.  Sad that it adds to the cost we all pay because somebody with only one active brain cell can't keep their hands in their pockets.  They probably never heard of Karma either.  OK, moving on.  There was a champagne cork in the street, another first.  I'm guessing that someone who was cruising around in a limo with a window open, decided to celebrate, opened the bottle, it flew off, bounced around inside, and flew out the window.  They were lucky it didn't fly in somebody else's window, hit them in the head and cause a 5 car pile-up.  But I'm guessing that would be a worst case scenario.  Next, although I found a cell phone screen protector today, there was no cell phone anywhere near so it appears someone 'dodged a bullet.'

     Somebody lost a house key today, I see lots of those but don't always pick them up.  Today's had a key-ring I could use, hence it made the picture.  There was a lot of change scattered about today but there was a lot at the intersection of Rufe Snow and 820.  I had stopped to wait for the traffic to clear and I start to see all this shiny stuff a couple of lanes over. There were lots of pennies, nickels, and dimes and it took three or four times out to get the better part of it.  And that was where I met Jeremiah.  I was waiting to finally cross east and he was waiting for the south traffic to clear so we had a chance to talk for a sec (which turned out to be closer to 15 minutes). He was concerned that I had lost something in the road as he had seen me as he approached, out there picking up something in the road.   Seems Jeremiah is at present traveling all over the metroplex on a borrowed bicycle, he's recovering from a broken ankle and internal injuries from an accident, and is now homeless because the complex he was custodian at and lived in was sold and the new owners conveniently forgot about him and threw him out.  He's working on improving his circumstances- he's licensed to work on HVAC- but I was impressed by his attitude and mindset.  He's had some tough breaks but is still thankful for another day alive on God's green earth.  I let him know that among the collection of stuff I've found while out running, is a bicycle that only needs new tires and inner tubes (which I have already purchased).  If it hadn't been for all that loose change in the street I would have already crossed and we would never have met.  And I'm sure we were supposed to.  So, let me say first, thank you Creator of all things for letting me 'hit for the cycle' today.  And most importantly, thank you for allowing me to help somebody out by putting some of this stuff I find in the road to a better use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers