Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Anybody Need A Hex Head Bit? : 11 10 2022


      Granted, I have run enough times that I usually have a reasonably good idea of what I could find.  And I have found a number of those hex head drill driver bits before, but 70 of them??  Scattered out at a Rufe Snow and 820 intersection were 70 of these, and a goodly number of broken drill bits as well.  I'm not sure how you lose 1 or 2 of these let alone 70.  It took three or four light change/traffic passings to collect them all and it was a good thing I was wearing the two pocketed running belt/overflow holder of stuff.  You know, if I'm this astounded by a ginormous bunch of driver bits, one can only imagine what would happen if I was to find a wad of 20s in the road.  Moving on, there was a pair of baby Yoda sunglasses at the curb and think I do, one would have, a need for these there not be.  Yeah, what he said.  There was a small green stretchy cord, not as stout as a bungee cord but handy I'm sure.  I think I saw the bracelet as I was passing a car wash, and that style usually travels in packs, but I didn't see any more.
    There in the street along Rufe Snow I found another credit card, this one a Venmo MC, another first.  And just down the street was a SmiOne Visa followed by a Wisely Visa.  They belonged to the same person so I looked up the name and I did try calling the most likely listing for that name in the area without any luck.  So I called the customer service numbers and reported them.  There was the expected washers, bolts, and NutsInTheRoad (picked up by, yeah, we know already...) that fell off somebodys' vehicle.  They just don't know it yet.  Later I got to the RR crossing on Rufe Snow and boy it was a tough crowd.  After the crossing arms came down I stepped into the street, stopped the already stopped cars, kept them already stopped whilst I directed the train through the intersection which was going through it anyway. And then signaled the cars to continue onward which they were going to do anyway.  And nobody got it.  The old guy closest to me looked like he thought I was going to come over and ask for money.  Everyone else kinda looked away as if to say, "maybe if we ignore him, he'll go away."  Sheesh!  Well, I had a laugh at least.  My favorite find though has to be all the change that somehow seems to find me.  With 3 quarters, a dime, a nickel, 15 pennies, 2 sockets and a lug-nut I definitely 'hit for the extended cycle.'  And as always thank you Creator for all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers