Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

It Makes 'Cents' : 12 07 2022

 

     Ok, this is not a normal day's finds.  It's more coins even than the 78 from the long run last Sunday.  I always swing through a car wash if I see one as somebody will usually shake the mats out and leave me a penny or two.  It didn't occur to me that most folks are just vacuuming out the car and sucking up everything on the floor, pennies and all.  Well it seems that they cleaned out a lot of the vacuum filters today and just dumped everything on the ground.  Pennies and all.  Ha!!  You'd have thought I won the lottery!  There's 85 coins in the picture and of that I probably found 60-65 there.  It truly never ceases to amaze me!  Another 1st today, one of the coins was a 2006 10-Sentimos from The Phillipines and according to NGCoin it's worth maybe 10 cents.  Hmmm, 10 cents--10 Sentimos--it makes 'cents' to me.  I also picked up a wheat penny, one from Philly in 1956 which is probably worth 2-3 cents just for the copper.  I didn't find any quarters today so no 'hitting for the cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) but hey, I'd say it was a good trade.  (and of course thank you for all the small blessings)   Moving on, there were more writing tools, 3 pens and a little blue pencil and I kind of figured that if three thousand lebenty six pens is good, then 3 more will just sweeten the deal, right?  Hmmmm, the internationally famous eye-roll tells me that would be no.  The little guy to the right of the pens was another mystery, at least to me but according to 'Da Googles' it's a "Frozen Petite Surprise Rock Troll Cake Topper Love Troll."  Just the thing for your mango & avocado cake with the sour cream icing.  Sounds like a party just waiting to happen.  Whuhuoy!  Next at the lower left is a "Retro Water Glitter Bracelet", only $5 on Etsy it seems.  There was another socket, this time it's a 12mm just to keep things interesting.  There's another room key-card, this one for a stay at Comfort Inns.  You'd best not forget your room number as there's nothing else on the card to tell you what you're unlocking.  All in all, there was a lot of stuff out there, way more than I'd expect on a typical weekday run.  I've started separating the change out with each type in its own 'luncheon meat' sized container and I'll need to start another (another) penny holder.  I do find more pennies than anything else with quarters and dimes tied for second.  The US mint has announced that it will stop penny production in 2023, but if anybody needs a few, let me know, I'm flush.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers