Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Bring On The Big Truck! : 12 08 2022


      Just when I think there's nothing new left to find, then the lineman's electrical insulating gloves show up. Back in the days as a telco repair tech I had a pair of these which I wore whenever you were around suspected high voltage.  Thin cloth gloves 1st, then the rubber gloves, then the leather gloves to protect the rubber gloves.  These are important, and it was careless of whoever lost them, they could literally save your life. OK, off the soap box.  There was actually another glove, this one to give you a 'Firm Grip', but it seems kind of ordinary now.  Sitting on top of the rubber gloves in the picture is something labeled as an unbreakable wallplate.  Now considering that it's in one piece, and that I found it getting run over where a driveway hits the street, I think it's labeled right.  That orange thing in the center was a mystery to me but not to 'Da Googles' who says it's a Roadpro Heavy Duty Plastic Corner Protector to keep straps and cargo from getting goobered up during a move.  Well now we know.  

   Considering that I haven't run this area in 5 or 6 months, finding five lug-nuts and a lug-bolt along the curb line was no surprise.  Stuff will collect, waiting for me to come along including the 7 NutsInTheRoad I saw as well.  Yes, they were indeed picked up by OneMoreNutInTheRoad.  Yeah yeah, ha ha.  There was a lot of coinage waiting for me, 3 quarters, 5 dimes, two nickels and 10 1/2 pennies.  I see a goodly number of half-pennies on my runs.  They're fairly easy to bend and when they do and then get run over enough, they'll shear, hence half a penny.   I found a 9mm socket which was also getting run over where a driveway hits the street, but they're made of tougher stuff.  I can almost hear it now, "Oh yeah? Is that all you've got?  Bring on the truck buddy. The big truck!"  So, along with the lug-nuts/bolts and the change I found, I believe I 'hit for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut).  Ya hoo!! Oh yeah, and thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance. Ye haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers