Followers

Monday, January 9, 2023

Christmas Lights : 01 09 2023

 

     I found the Christmas lights early in the run and I thought trying to squeeze them into a pocket would ruin them so I stashed them to pick up later.  I saw the small solar panel sticking out of a storm drain and being curious, I picked it up and there was a large string of lights still attached.   I had to laugh,  the solar panel had been facing the sun and when I hit the on-button the light came on and started flashing. Go figure?!  I found a small roll of cloth tape like you'd see in a 1st Aid Kit but no band-aides or other other stuff you might find with it.  I found another Allen wrench, thanks Allen.  There was a lone Pokemon card today called Klinklang and of course I'm thinking they probably throw silverware down the stairs to name these guys.  Whatever sound it makes is what they call it.  Whatever.  There's a token to the right the little Poke-dude and I'm not sure what it goes to.  There's two grooves on one side and the other side says there's no cash value and I wondered if it came from a batting cage or maybe a car wash.  I did 'hit for the cycle' today after being short a nickel Sat and Sun.  I got out kind of late today and thought it might be harder seeing assorted 'stuff' and coins in particular because there would be more traffic to watch out for.  But 21 coins found me so it was all good.  And I even got to direct traffic again today at the railroad crossing on Rufe Snow.  I was just thinking about that as I approached the tracks when the crossing arms came down as the bells started going off.  So of course I then step out into the road, stop the already stopped cars, keep them already stopped while I wave the train through the intersection which of course it's going to do anyway.  I then direct traffic to continue on, while getting my butt out of the road because they're going to continue on anyway.  It's just the absurdness of doing that that people get, and usually laugh, or honk or give me a thumbs-up.  We all have to stop and wait, might as well have a little fun while we're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers