Followers

Friday, February 3, 2023

Being Selective : 02 03 2023

 

     After several days where you couldn't see what's on the ground for all the ice, it was finally clear today.  That's a shiny penny!  There was just enough moisture along the curb to freeze stuff to the ground but it was easily rescued. Not a lot of pig-iron fell off vehicles but probably because there weren't many people out driving around on the ice. I know I wasn't.  That D-ring at the top I've passed by before but I figured since it was probably going to be light again today, I'd nab it.   'Da Googles' tells me that our friends at Strap Works have these for 79 cents, and you add in the govenator's share and that's 85 centavos I could have missed out on.  See honey, I'm being selective like you suggested and only picking up the really valuable stuff!  That didn't take long-- thank you honey for the internationally famous eye-roll🙄.  That 4" bolt next to the D-ring came up as a Bearmach Brand bolt for a Range Rover P38, yours for only $5.66.  I wonder how many of those I've picked up?  I've probably got a fortune sitting out in my garage and I don't even know it.  That 10mm 1/4" socket and the 3/8" adapter I didn't recognize until I kicked it down the curb and then took a closer look.  I'm finding these every other day it seems and I'm slowly building another socket set. (another another).  Didn't 'hit for the cycle' today, I missed the quarter, but I'm still appreciative of these three small blessings.  I feel like I'm a lot better at spotting coins now than I was a few years ago, and I think a lot of it is subconscious.  I'll pass something and the light bulb pops on and I'm wondering, "what did I just pass?"  I'll finish by saying that for the first time in ages I missed a run yesterday morning.  There were too many places where it got really slick and you couldn't tell until you were on it. I almost went out last night after dark and had even eaten my Access Running Bar and was pulling out 7 layers of clothes.  But it's hard enough seeing the slick spots during the daylight without doing it in the dark after things have had a chance to refreeze so I thought better of it--I guess my guardian angels won out this time.    And I'll make up for missing a day, I have hundreds of running photos that I haven't used yet to pull from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers