Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2023

You've Been Ducked : 2 04 2023

 

   

     Today I forgot the running belt that I almost always wear.  It's great for some of the larger stuff I find or for when the pockets on my shorts get full.  It's also good when you get something that might put a hole in your pocket like all those stupid keys I picked up.  Put a HUGE hole in my pocket and I'm not sure what all I lost, probably more stupid keys.  Arrrgggg!  The reason I took the keys is because last Saturday I found 50 of them over on Denton Hwy and I thought maybe that's my new Saturday thing.  I did find a lot of them today and in 5 different places so, it appears that a number of different folks went a little brain dead with their keys.  Note to self--nothing sharp or with an edge goes in the pockets!  Only the running belt!! And maybe not even there!  Sheesh!  Another credit card ended up in the street today, not sure how this one escaped as it wasn't near any place somebody would be using it.  Also another handicapped parking placard in the road but that seems plausible.  You get a day with a strong howling North wind, when half of Oklahoma is blowing by, and if both front car doors are open, it makes sense it could go sailing out.  We'll drop it off at Public Safety 1st chance.  Next, I don't think it will make any difference if they leave the light on or not because Zippy lost his Motel 6 room key-card.  There was an Atlas wheel cap which 'Da Googles' didn't really have an opinion on and I've never heard of so, meh.  I found the last coin I needed, a dime, so I could  'hit for the cycle', in a turn lane on Hwy 26 while I was waiting for traffic to clear to kick up a ring of keys. Stupid pocket eating key-ring! Anyway,  thank you Creator of all things for the 12 pennies and the other 'treasures'. And lastly.........drum roll........I found rubber duckie #31! Ya hoo!  It truly amazes me where they turn up.  This latest little rescuee was face down in the dirt along the curb, had been driven over,  and just needed a good home. Well, somebody else's loss is our gain. Thank you to 'you've been ducked!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers