Followers

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Le Hosier Pour Le Water Hotsey Totsey : 02 07 2023

 

     A wheat penny today, 1957D, and looking pretty good for 66 years old and run over in the road.  You don't see many wheat pennies in change even not to mention in the street.  He had 10 brothers with him today, and a few cousins, 4 dimes, 2 nickels and a quarter.  I didn't intend to be slogging around in the rain today but I waited a little too long to hit the streets and well, ooops.  I found the wheel cover close to the end of the run so I didn't have long to carry it or I might have passed on it.  Something else for the 'Rundover Store's fine selection of vintage slightly rundover wheel accessories.  Yeayuh!  To the right of that is a what looks like a ground stake for a underground cable locator and 'Da Googles' concurs calling it an Earth Stake.  It figures 'DG' would give it a schmancier name.  The same 'DG' whose cousin, Google Maps, always wants to put me on the toll road.  At the bottom right is an unhurt water heater hose clamp which I'll stash with my auto repair stuff.  I suppose 'Da Googles' would call that "Le Hosier Pour Le Water Hotsey Totsey."  No doubt.  There were a couple of ratchet-down-strap ring hooks today, and I need to find a use for them pretty soon or they're going to that big scrapyard in the sky.  Same with the lug-nuts, two more today and outside of the few that are supposed to go with the 'Lug-Nut Award' I keep talking about, we'll need to figure out a home for them or they'll be joining their ring hook buddies.  A shout out to Mark, my UPS buddy who I frequently see when he drops of my weekly 'Wellness Box' with Energy Shots, or Access Bars, or Amino Boost, or Elevate Protein, or and on and on and on.  I appreciate you being out there no matter the Texas sun, or rain, or sleet, or snow, or ice (except last week), or gloom of night....well, you get the picture.  And he finds the same kind of crazy stuff I do even, go figure!  I think he shook his head though when he saw the wheel cover in my hand.   He asked me what I was going to do with that and I said, Garage Sale!  With the other 25 I've found.  Yeayuh!  Lastly, thank you Creator of all things for all the little treasures, for the unexpected bath (and it's not even Saturday night!), for out and back safely, and for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers