Followers

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

CLAW MARKS : 02 08 2023

 

     Raining again (again) today but at least it wasn't my fault for getting wet, it's been coming down buckets since yesterday.  Sadly, I didn't expect I'd see any rubber duckies (I'm up to 31 now) along the curb today as they would have all floated along and into the storm drain.  Hmmm, I wonder where all that storm water ultimately ends up?  Anyway, despite the rain, there were a few odds and ends out there, like that green candy cane ball.  'Da Googles' called it a "Christmas Pet Ball Toy For Dog And Cat."  I get the dog part, it's even got a little squeaker to make noise.  But what self respecting cat is going to chase a green candy cane ball?  Or fetch it and bring it back to you?  I can only imaging the look you'd get, not like the well intentioned internationally famous eye-roll I often get.  No, it's much more sinister with claw marks on the back of the sofa.  Whuhuoy!! That's kind of a cool blue gel-pen I found on the sidewalk today, it's about 2 bucks new and it looks like I've got about a buck 75 left.  That copper pipe-end at the upper right I took just because it's copper and you'd think copper would be worth something to recycle.  I would hope I wouldn't be needing to cap a copper water pipe in the near future at least.  And what about the change in the road?  OK now, it's pouring down rain and I'm watching for puddles, and traffic, and level non-muddy ground to run on, and I'm trying to hurry because I have a conference call I have to jump on when I finish my run.  So I may or may not see whatever coinage is out there.  But somehow I 'hit for the cycle'!  A penny, nickel, two dimes, and a quarter found me.  It does make me laugh!  And thank you Creator for these little treasures, for out and back safely, and for no big trucks splashing the **** out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers