Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Best Kind of Day : 04 13 2023

 

     The 'Rundover' Store has a couple of additions today, the first is a very solid metal license plate cover that was in the road on Rufe Snow, which will keep that black wheel cover I found over on Chapman Rd company.  Speaking of wheels, at the lower right is a very small wheel that was part of a kiddo's battery operated car which was no match for the wheel that ran it over.  Next time don't play in the road!  Something else that shouldn't be in the road is the little kid's 'Be Happy' sock which was a little too close to traffic for my liking.  That hitch ball just below the sock I should have stashed for later as I wasn't looking to lift weights until after the run.  Again I have 20-20 hindsight.  There were a few more tools to add to the collection today, a 10mm socket (a shock!), and a very large (3/8") and a very small (T10) driver-bit.  Both will be good additions to the 'Store' and have only been lightly driven over.  If you read Monday's 'Make Nerf Not War' blog you'll recognize three more Nerf Rivals squishy balls which I happened to find near the same spot in the road as last time.  I'll have to run (pun intended) them back by and hopefully leave them in the right yard.  The clear plastic ball next to them looks like it has an island pictured inside and although it doesn't say where it is, the writing on the inside mentions Chine so it may have to do with the British coast Isle of Wright and its chines.  And there's your history lesson for the day.  I was finding pig-iron all over the place today especially along MidCities Blvd and since it's falling off passing vehicles, there must have been some rough roads close by to shake all this stuff loose.  There was a large 'Lifting Eye' screw near a new sign that went up at a gas station and 'Da Googles' says it will lift 460 lbs and run you about 10 bucks.  Seems I'm finding all kinds of expensive pig-iron that I'm not sure what to do with.  I looked in a lot of places today but not too many coins found me.  But there was at least one of each so I 'hit for the cycle' and if you add in the sockets, and also if I count the very large spin nut as a lug-nut, then I 'hit for the extended cycle'.  I may have to leave that one for the judges to decide though.  It's funny, I found a penny along the curb about two minutes out and said a quick thank you that I'd at least have one thing to write about.  I never guessed I'd find all that other stuff.  So, thank you Creator for about the best kind of day to run outside I could ask for, thanks for the wherewithal to go out and beat the streets, and thank you for the shiny pennies that always find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers