Followers

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Jim-isms, Vol. 2

 The healing continues. All the care Jim took of his body and mind during his pre-April 15th life is paying off. Muscles are slowly but surely filling in, strength is building, balance is better, and weight is being added in a good way. Muscles weigh more than fat.

I finally got some additional approved exercise to do on our own in the room. I do, however have to let Jim think it's mostly for me. I get benefited by doing stretch bands and leg lifts, but the best benefit is his improvement. As to my exercise routine, I've never picked up so many things off the floor in my life! When Jim is done with a paper towel or cookie wrapper...floor. Sometimes he aims for the waste basket or a counter. Operative word.... aims. Giving him credit though, there have been many two pointer baskets. And, an occasional three pointer. There are a few other physical ability expansions, but right now napping is still his favorite activity. And, that's fine. The brain takes a tremendous amount of energy to heal, so napping and rest are extremely important. And, it must be helping, because his mental abilities are also expanding.

Humor, a high level of complex and divergent thinking, has been coming back full throttle. Lots of typical Jim subtle, under the radar, dry humor. And, for your funny bone and sense of wow, enjoy some words and phrases... Compliments of Jim.


Nullify. 

Rectify.

Mitigate.

Obscure.

Bogus.

Paramisium. ( One of my absolute  favs!)

As I took a paper towel to throw it away, he looked to see what I was doing. " That is still blow nosable."  

Showing him a photo of a beautiful lizard I had seen on the patio and identified as a Texas Spiny Lizard, he told me he had seen them there before by the lemon tree, but he didn't want to tell me so I wouldn't be scared. He was referring to the time he brought a dead snake in the house. A "treasure" from a run. That did not go well for him.

Looking at one picture board I made, "I think this will all make better sense if I can identify every picture and location."

Archimedes...and the number 6. (!!!!!)

I brought a treat from home. Those delectable cranberry almond wafers that come three in a wrap. He was enjoying one and decided to dip it in the left over meat juices on his plate. "The sweet will be mitigated by the dressing."


Well...ok then.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry he brought you a snake once! So glad he recognized the lizard!!!!!! May today be a great day. Judy & Kent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life with Jim has always been interesting. He's a lot to keep up with!💕

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers