Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB

   

     The dates on these last couple of posts are a little off, Smiles was yesterday's run (Tues) and Duckies was somewhere before if that makes any difference.  Today I needed to run by (literally) the post office to drop off a get well card so I took a little older route that I've used now and again, just different places to look.  I always have to put whatever mail in a plastic bag and stuff it inside my shirt, especially in the summer, because sweating is part of my skill set and most things mail better dry than wet.  Moving on....So, on the curb of this 6 lane road today I found a relatively new Smart Strap, one of those ratchet down straps for securing a load on a flatbed trailer or a pickup. A two pack at Lowes goes for $28 with tax so I guess that ought to be worth $10 at the next garage sale (I think I sold two practically new ones at the last sale).  Anyway, this thing felt like it weighed a ton, at least when you're running and trying to move your arms. Didn't need to do a lot of arm exercise when I got back, already had that covered. 

    After I got back from running today I called the local animal clinic about a dog's rabies tag I found on the sidewalk yesterday (actually I think it was more of a "I don't have rabies" tag). It's a shame, some poor dog is probably having to sneak around and hope they don't get carded.  (whuhuoy!)

     I also found a gigundo socket today, again in a spot I normally don't run.  Ok, it was a 1/2" and mine are 1/4 and 3/8, but for some reason those look huge--maybe it's because the socket handle is a lot bigger.  I may soon have enough of that size to make a set, which can go in the garage with the other tools I probably won't use but have Justin case (Tiffany's brother) (one thousand one, one thousand two,..... ha ha ha ha...). Yeah yeah yeah, I know, don't quit your day job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers