Followers

Saturday, January 15, 2022

CELL PHONES IN THE ROAD

 I'm not really sure how many cell phones I've found, maybe around 20 or so.  The majority of them are pretty beat up and there's really no way to find the owner.  The one in this picture I think is an I Phone, but I've found all kinds.  There was the time I found a phone and case on the side of the road with the person's Drivers License, Military Id, and 2 credit cards in it.  I had only gotten less than a mile from where I found it when it rings!  I answered it and said, "this isn't who you think it is!", and it turns out that it was the brother of the guy who lost the phone.  He contacted his brother and he called me on his work phone to retrieve it (when I got done with the run).  Seems he had set the phone on the top of his truck and drove off, then was wondering where it was so he called it (while driving) and he hears it ring so he thinks it's somewhere in the cab.  Nope!  First turn he made and it was gone.  And get this, the brother of this guy lived 3 doors down from where I am?!  This fellow's guardian angel was definitely working overtime.

One guy left his phone on the truck tailgate one night after they left a restaurant, and drove off.  I go running the next morning and see it in the grass next to the curb line.  I was able to start calling contacts and finally got his wife who came to the house to get it.  Seems her husband was being called about job opportunities and I'm thinking, probably needed the phone 😀. Another guardian angel hard at work.  I probably can't talk, no doubt I have a guardian angel of my own that keep my tookus from getting run over in the road.  Every day is a blessing.

I've found tablets and laptops in the road too, only a couple were salvageable.  One of the laptops at least had a usable hard drive, no way to tell who's it was but it was useable.  Some of the phones and tablets are fixable, usually it's only the screen that's not working, which is easy to replace.  But it's another "mouth to feed" and I always have plenty to do as it is.  So some of them I just keep for the picture.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers