Followers

Saturday, January 15, 2022

IT'S COLD!! (WAHHH!)


      It was cold this morning (for Texas)!  My apologies to my friends in Canada that would always smile when I said 'wind chill is 15' when theirs was -15.  It was 38 and with the wind chill felt like 21.  It was the wind that made it bad I guess, 25-35 mpr gusts.  Wahhh!  Actually I like running in the cold and/or wet mainly because nobody else does.  OK all you bikers that were always sneaking up behind me on the running trails, where were you today???  Not a lot of cars out either, guess everybody was staying in staying warm. On days like this it seems to take forever to get out the door because of all the layers to put on.  I had 6 on top and 4 on the bottom and a cowl and a ski cap.  And gloves and socks to cover them.  You remember being a kid going out to play in the snow and your mom dressed you in six pair of corduroys and a bunch of sweatshirts or long johns and maybe the one snowsuit that got passed down/around?  And how many times when she (or you) was done would you remember that you had to go to the bathroom??  Sorry mom.  

     Well, we hit for the cycle today, but that's been kind of the norm of late.  Needed that last nickel and what shows up in the road in the turn lane from Davis Blvd to MidCities?  Yup, and then another one showed up 100' away.  It always makes me laugh.  Anymore I think they find me.  Just another symbol of the creator's infinite abundance.  I can't tell you how many times I've just gotten through saying "where the heck is that........" and there it is.  Karen tells me I need to inquire about some bigger bills (HA!)  I have found 1s, 5s, and 20 dollar bills in the road and I even found a very realistic looking fake 100 dollar bill on the sidewalk.  I wondered if somebody had put it there to see people's reactions.  Kind of like my Grandpa Barnes who would nail a nickel to the elevator floor and watch people try to pick it up.  I hope I've inherited some of his sense of humor.  (if so I've got him to blame for all the 'humor' I've inflicted on my younger brother Dave)

Anyway, among other things, today I found a perfectly good baseball at the curb, and two and a half, or maybe 2 & 2/3 pennies.  Sometimes they get hurt in the road.😬


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers