Followers

Monday, January 31, 2022

Fishies and Duckies and Frogs, Oh My!




      I'm starting to get a pretty good collection of little 'critters' I've found in the road.  In addition to all the shiny pennies (thank you creator of all for this symbol of your infinite abundance!) there have been duckies, fish, dogs, cats, dragons, horses, pterodactyls, snakes, turtles, and on and on and on.  I found a little baby Kermit the Frog, a crazy 'hair in the air' something, a Hulk (arrrrgggg), what I think is a platypus, a squishy Atlanta Falcon football guy, not to mention a Surf Turf car and a front loader.  You've probably figured out by now the filter isn't always on.  That said, when I found the little green plastic snake, I was compelled to put it out on the patio and then casually at some point say, gee honey, what is that? And then she sees that it's a snake and I rush out to grapple with this 4" monster.  Showed him who's boss!!  My baby only got a small cramp with that eye roll.  And of course, there's 14 rubber duckies--- ya gotta love it!  I especially like the little duckie with the wet suit.  I guess now he has two? 
     The plastic luncheon meat containers seemed like a good thing to put change in when I started.  They don't weigh a ton like a 5 gal water jug would if it was filled with coins, and they stack.  Thing is, I'm on container number 13 now and since they weigh about 5 lbs each, you need a pretty study table to put them on.  Fortunately, the duckies were really good about sharing their steel table, so I have them together.  I have found folding money on any number of occasions.  Once running past a bank drive thru lane I saw a bunch of dollar bill pieces scattered on the ground.  I picked up as many as I could find, taped them together and had 3 dollar bills.  The pieces were similiarly torn, as if three bills were torn across the middle, put together, and then torn again.  Now who tears up dollar bills????  Save yourself the time and effort, if you don't like'em, just give them to me, I have no issue with George Washington.  I've found 1's, 5's, and 20's but no $10 bill, so I guess I just need a ten to 'hit for the cycle' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers