Followers

Monday, January 31, 2022

PUTTAY-VOUS THE WALLET AWAY BEFORE YOU TURN THE KEY!


      Watch my lips......Do - Not - Put - Your - Stuff - On - Top - Of - Your - Vehicle (and then drive off!!)!!!!  Don't use me as an example though, I have done that on numerous occasions through the years, never with anything seriously valuable mind you.  My rule is "if you put anything on the roof, put the keys there too", which I mostly remember.  On yesterday's run though, not even a mile out, I found a multi pocket plastic file folder which had groupings with almost a dozen locations where a construction/remodeling company was working.  There were signed contracts and building permits, and even some bank info from the individual I'm assuming was doing the field work. Somebody set it on the roof and off they went.  I tried for several hours to track the guy (yes, it was a guy) down today both at the company's corp office, the apartment complex office whose address was on the bank stuff, and at the bank itself.  And I also checked the info/lookup service I have (to help screen solicitors) since it was a very unusual name.  No call backs yet but I'm going to wait until tomorrow and if no word then take it to the bank and leave the whole kit-and-kaboodle with them -- put the monkey on their back. 

     Next, all of about 100 yards away in the road I found a woman's wallet, with SS cards, drivers lic, birth cert, 3 or 4 credit cards, and 3 Covid Vax cards.  That was worrisome!!  Somebody's whole life is right there in that wallet!  I did have an address on the Driver's Lic so worst case I thought I might have been able to drive over and drop it off, but it was different from the info the lookup service had.  I understand that it's not necessarily the most up to date info, but it usually is reasonably accurate.  Anyway, I called three different numbers with no response.  The wallet had a zipper compartment that I couldn't get open initially but when I finally coaxed it open, lo and behold there were Covid Vaccination cards showing the drug store where they got them.  Woo and Hoo!!  We called the drug store and a very nice young lady there was able to forward our phone number to them, and 10 min later we got a call.  We met up a little later, they were a very nice young family, who hadn't discovered they had lost it yet.  It was one of those things, they set the wallet on top of the car, put the child in a car seat, belted them up, shut the door and drove home.  There would only have been a couple of hours of daylight left when they lost it so fortunately it was pretty much invisible on the curb line until I went thru early the next morning.  If you believe in Karma, I sincerely hope that I've got a couple "in the bank" for the next time I do something like that. 

     So,it was an interesting run.  I was dressed right for when I woke up but in leaving 90 later and then the 90+ minutes of running,I was WAY over dressed (didn't need 6 layers!).  Fortunately I always take Sustain Sports drink with me so that when I started to fade about 8 miles out, I got a pick-me-up.  Fortunately for me it's very low sugar so not only do I get the electrolytes, I also don't have to deal with a sugar rush. Who knew you had all this stuff to worry about when you hit the streets???

     Ok now, what's the lesson here??  Puttay-vous the wallet or other important stuff away before you turn the key.  (I'm pretty sure that will be on the mid-term)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers