Followers

Monday, January 17, 2022

JACKPOT!!



     I think I hit Ft Knox today. Half of this was in the road on a six lane road in town with a brick median. I'm sure anyone close by could hear..."oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!" (oh boy) Just goes to show, you never know where or when, you just know. 😄🙃  I've found coinage like this a number of times before, it's not the norm, but it happens.  And just how does all this end up in the road?  And how was it that I just happened to cross the street and run that side, I usually run the other side facing traffic.  Not exactly sure what prompted me to head over there but it happens all the time.  For one thing traffic can 'move' you one way or another, or rather avoiding traffic can, but also curiosity can too.  Anyway....woo hoo!!  And a shaker ball...wonder what happened to the shaker?  Actually my go-to shaker now is one I found on a run, think I was running past a car wash and there it was. 

     The last year or so I've normally worn a nylon running "belt" with two zipper pouches that I've used when my pockets get too full.  It doesn't always get used but again, you never know what you'll find.  Sunday is always my long run, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 miles and you'd think the farther you go the more opportunities you'd have of finding "treasures".  So, the pockets could get full and I'm just trying to make sure I can always get something interesting back to the house.  There's been a few times, before the belt, that the pockets were full and both hands were full, usually on a Sunday of course.  I've pretty much stopped running on the running/walking/bike trails for a couple of reasons.  I've almost never found ANYTHING interesting on them, and then there's always the biker that goes tear a**ing by you unannounced (apologies to the guys out there that do let you know they're there).  Anyway... all that said, it was a pretty good day, but then, blue skies, sunshine, early morning, the fact that I have the opportunity and ability to hit the streets, I'm truly blessed.  Shiny pennies all!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers