Followers

Friday, January 28, 2022

What's The Plural Of Half?

 

I was looking back through pictures from 2021 and rediscovered this one from last May.  I've found a lot of USB cords in the road, some that work and some that are very flat.  It was raining that day and the dollar bill was rolled up like in the picture on the edge of the street.  I bet if it had rained any harder it could have gotten floated down the storm drain.  I remember thinking that day that I didn't see how I could have gotten any wetter, it was a strip at the door when you get back kinda day, put them in the washer to spin the water out of everything, and then either hang up or throw in the dryer.  I think it was a dryer day.  I usually kid about rainy days, about if I was thinking I'd take a bar of soap with me and take care of two things at the same time.  Might even smell springtime fresh when I get back which would be a 1st!  Karen always tells me I smell musky when I get back, I just tell her it's my mahnly muskatude (yes, pronounced that way).  

     Didn't hit for the cycle, but lots of 'treasures'.  A couple of more sockets too, and half a set of dice, I guess one is a die.  Some of those singulars and plurals, they make you wonder.  I've found a pair of sunglasses in the road but it's only enough for one person.  I've heard two canaries make a pair, I think they call it a parakeet.  But others...a paramecium is not a pair.  No, really.  What's a paraphernalia? Nobody knows. And what's the plural of half?  Yup, whole.  I'd best stop, don't want my head to 'splode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers