Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2022

FLYING WEDGE 02 24 2022

 

     The weather report wasn't looking good for today and early this morning I went out and tried to stand in the road.  And you could stand......with great care! So, I decided to put off running and wait and see if things got better, and sure enough, although the temperature didn't get above freezing, the icy roads were melted and just wet.  I got a short run in, and I was happy to just get that (yup, that was my first shiny penny of the day).  In true "you never know what, or where, or when" form, I hit for the cycle (all four coins) early on, all the while watching for ice on the sidewalks, streets, and driveways.  Not a lot of traffic out there, which is fine with me, fewer chances of getting my 'tookus runned over' as they say.  Note the flying wedge of coinage, kind of amazes me to stumble across that much on an iffey day weather wise. Fortunately everybody's car managed to keep all their lug nuts and none of the armchair mechanics lost any sockets or tools in the road.  But tomorrow.....you just never know!

2 comments:

  1. All the change you keep finding just might inspire me to start running! Who am I kidding...walking maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! And walking has it's advantages, at a slower pace you'll probably be able to see some of the $$$ that I might go zipping right by. Although I have to admit that a lot of times I'll see something and it might not register at first. I'll circle back quick and low and behold---another 'treasure'

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers