Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

U S Mint, You're Killin Me Here!! 2/17/22


 

     It wasn't too bad out at 6am, mid 50s with some wind, but I was glad I didn't wait to run. I'm pretty sure we'd already hit the day's high temp.(wah!)

     I pretty much was finding change every few minutes today, and even hit for the cycle. Still....nickels seem to be harder to 'run' across. If I can be logical, let's say somebody was out and had gotten change somewhere, the max # of quarters you would get is 3, dimes and pennies is 4, but nickels is only 1, because of course, instead of two nickels you would get a dime.  That said, in my humble estimation nickels are harder to find. Now I'm going to have to look and see the number of nickels minted vs the number of pennies or dimes. 

     Which I just did.  News must travel much slower where I am. I just saw, "The U.S. Mint announced in early April that it will stop producing pennies beginning in 2022 and will make its last batch on April 1, 2023."  Hey....what about me????  Where on God’s green earth am I supposed to find my daily shiny penny now, that symbol of the creator's infinite abundance????? Let's forget for a moment, that it costs twice what they're worth to make them. Sheesh!  At least they're still making nickels.

     Moving on, the key I found what looked like a small padlock key, but it didn't unlock anything I had, and I don’t think it was unusual enough to keep.  The air compressor fitting might be good for something I guess, except I sold my compressor at a garage sale several years ago (I never used it…). but who knows, maybe I'll find one of them in the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers