Followers

Sunday, February 6, 2022

GRUNT STYLE

 


          I don't remember it taking this long to get my 'tookus' out the door years ago.  Of course, now it takes 20-30 minutes to get my eyeballs to stay open, contacts in, sports cream on (for a tendon that has been a little cranky), dress for days like this with 5-7 layers this morning, and stretching out before the run and then finally out the door.  And back in for the aminos and Sustain. And back out and then back in for my watch.  And then back out and hopefully that's all (sheesh!)  This morning the first thing I found was a Bank of America debit MC, in (where else?) the Bank of America driveway.  I did make some phone calls courtesy of Spokeo when I got back to the house, to try to locate the owner.  I left a couple of messages, but I was just guessing and there were a lot of people with the name on the card in all the little cities around the bank where I found it.  I was going to just call the number on the back of the card, but my wife (she's so smart!) suggested I put it in the night drop at the bank, so hopefully tomorrow they'll call the owner to reunite (and they'll live happily ever after).

     There was a 'Grunt Style' ball cap by the RR tracks I passed (again no traffic to direct) and I picked it up just for the picture.  But, what in the wide wide world of sports is grunt style??  I know Grunt is a sound I've been known to make on occasion, and it's a term for a low-ranking soldier, but Grunt Style?  Those are two words you don't usually hear together. Maybe whoever was just so good at grunting that they just grunted the hat right off their head.  Also found a tennis ball (1st blue and white one though), and a plastic KIA thing-a-ma-bob thingy.  There was the usual assortment of Sunday change- quarters, pennies, and dimes but no nickels so I didn't hit for the cycle.  And of course, the nut in the road, (and it's ok to say it, I do every time I pick one of them up) picked up by a nut in the road.  It was a sunny morning and the last of the snow and ice was disappearing.  A pretty day to run, that's a shiny penny right there, another reason to be thankful! 

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! Love reading about your adventures and seeing these images. It is amazing the things you find daily! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This is day 26 and I'm still trying to figure out what's what in this web site. The running, no problem, the pictures, no problem, but some of the whistles and whatsits on the site I'm still figuring out. It's not necessarily complicated I guess, it's just some of it, I dind't even know all the things it can do.
    Today the route I ran I've run at least half a dozen times in the last two weeks and still I found all kinds of silly stuff---except a nickel, they seem to be MIA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Interesting. Lol The funniest is what in the wide wide world is grunt style? FYI it’s a veteran owned online clothing store. I only know because my son is military and has a few shirts from here. https://www.gruntstyle.com/pages/about
    Anyway thanks for the treasure updates. I’m gonna tell others of your blog. 💯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That is such a cool name and it really makes sense now! My brain initially went to camo but when you look at someone in their dress uniform, there's some style there. And not everyone's a general so grunt style hits most everybody. I like it, thanks! And thanks for reading and sharing!! Every day is another adventure (and a blessing!), I never know what will find me.

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers