Followers

Monday, February 7, 2022

WHERE'S MY NICKEL?

 


     I was going through past running pictures this morning looking for something specific and noticed the ones from a year ago, and we were dealing with ice and snow then as well.  Funny though, the pennies were still finding me (thank you creator for all these blessings!).  Today I had a feeling that a lot of the stuff that had been there under the snow would make an appearance today and seems there was a little bit of everything out there.  If there was a need to secure something to your truck or trailer, I had the bungie solution covered and also had the nylon strap with the hooky thing on the end, and even found an extra hook.  I found a perfectly good 15mm combination wrench, and also a lock with a key.  I usually only pick up combination locks, the keyed ones without keys don't have much use.  I must have a dozen combo ones at the moment, so if it's not in really good shape I may just leave it.  Unless of course tomorrow is a very light day and then I might take it just for the picture. 😃  I do find a bunch of lighters at the curb line but since I don't smoke and I don't know anybody that does really, those need to be in pretty good shape to get picked up (and of course--to light up).  And for the 2nd day---no nickel so no hitting for the cycle.  But I'll probably find 6 tomorrow, that's how that tends to go.  

      I found another lotto scratch-off 2nd chance drawing ticket but from the way it's folded to fit in a pocket, I think it's the one that fell out of my pocket last week, so there's 20 more entries for a Vegas trip.  I hadn't found any golf balls in a while until today, but those too I have a lot of.  I have kiddingly said that with the way I'd be hitting them today, it would make more sense to just go to the golf course, throw a dozen balls into the woods right off and then go have lunch in the clubhouse.  Much much less aggravation.  Actually, I do know that, unless you're Jordan Speith, it makes a whole lot more sense to just hit the course, get some exercise, fresh air, enjoy a beautiful day, and appreciate the one decent shot you might hit per hole (or every other hole...).  I guess it's the same with fishing, you just need to appreciate being out on the lake, enjoying a pretty day, drowning a few worms.

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting so much enjoyment out of this blog. I hope to run into you on the trails some day. Not literally, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! Yes, let's do-figuratively but not literally! I run mostly in the road instead of the trails though because that's where all the 'fun stuff' seems to end up. One thing about the trails around me at least (and I've explored a zillion of them) is that a lot of bicycle folks come tearing up behind you and startle the **** out of me! I have on occasion, when I've heard something back there, done the old "Norwegian bachelor farmer salute" (thank you Garrison Keillor) and magically they announce themselves.

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers