Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Not Just "Pennies From Heaven" 2/23/22

 


     It was a colder morning, no snow yet, but with it spritzing out, I kind of expected it would.  Hit for the cycle (penny/nickel/dime/quarter) but also found a wet dollar bill, just about a foot from going in the storm drain.  It seems to me that the times I’ve found paper money on the ground is, more often than not, when it’s raining or wet out.  And it makes sense I guess, usually wet money is harder to blow in the wind.  So, unlike the song, it’s not just “Pennies From Heaven.”

     I found a perfectly good ski cap, with a Dickies label- the clothing one not the rib place.  I found a couple of shiny lug nuts as I passed one of the tire places.  I’m really hoping they were extras and not ones they missed! And, there was a CD as well from an obscure group.  The CD was frozen to the grass at the curb, and the ski hat was in a flower bed next to a driveway but it was soaked and it had frozen in a weird shape and it was like a board carrying it back.  I see micro-fiber cleaning cloths quite often too and I saw one along the way, but it was also frozen and was pretty much a 12x20 inch board and I decided to wait until another run when it had thawed out.   It was mid to low 20s out and maybe 12 with the wind chill, but I’ve learned my lesson.  No whining about the cold!!  Right now it feels like -28 in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.  Counting my blessings (and just being able to run in the cold, by itself is a blessing (or a shiny penny!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers