Followers

Saturday, March 19, 2022

6 IRON : 03 18 2022


     Quite the selection of stuff today.  I passed by the wrench and did a double take, it registered and I did a quick 180.  I spotted the bungie cords pretty close together, and today there was a second red one, which of course, is perfect for securing one's red bungies.  I found a really small spark plug, and all I could think of at that moment was of the little tiny clown car it fell out of, which now wasn't hitting on all cylinders?  (hey, be nice now!) I saw the key and thought maybe it was a lockbox key? Not sure but it made the picture.
     I have seen a lot of nerf projectiles like that blue one I picked up.   I know I saw it a few days ago but it just didn't seem interesting enough then I guess.  The long 'pin' below the little nerf guy probably goes to a combo lock, it's goes in a hole in the bottom to change the combination.  And of course, for all you sports fans, we have, to add to the 'Rundover Store' sports offerings, a six-iron.  The perfect club for a middle distance shot or perhaps a bump and run, and with the shorter handle it's also great for those precarious shots where the golf ball is above your feet (yeah, like I've ever had that happen--ha!)  I've already found a 9 iron so the set is starting to fill in nicely.
     I got to direct traffic again today, and the timing was perfect.  I had passed those railroad tracks already and on the way back the train had just activated the crossing arms.  So once again, I stepped out into the street, held up my hands to stop the cars that were already stopped there, motioned the train to head on through which it was doing anyway, and when it cleared I signaled the cars it was clear to continue, which they were going to do anyway.  No train horn this time and not sure it the cars in front that could see me got it.  Most time they do, and I'll get a wave, ya gotta have fun with this stuff, that's all I'm sayin!
     I found all but the nickel today and so missed hitting for the cycle, still I'm still thankful for what was there.   As for the hook at the top left, they're always useful for something so I grabbed that.  And lastly, I was almost back to the house when the dust pan appeared in the street. I was needing one, not to scoop up all that change in the road, but for out in the garage as there's never one around when you need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers