Followers

Friday, March 11, 2022

Ah Bartleby, Ah Humanity! : 03 11 2022

     First run in three days and everything felt back to normal, so there's my first shiny penny of the day!  I wasn't sure what to expect this morning, they were predicting cold and rain or ice or snow.  I'll go out in anything except if it's ice everywhere, and it was just cold early on, the sleet didn't start until 3 or 4 miles out.  Which turned to rain-thank you very much!  Some days you find little stuff and some days it's bigger stuff and it was bigger day.  Two more hats today, first another ski hat to add to the two or three others of late, and also another ball cap, this one a "Gig'em Aggies" cap.  That's right friends your own Aggie ball cap right here at the "Rundover Store".  And as always, operators are sitting by. 

     I have found a lot of shoes too, occasionally there's two but this time it's just one, a red woman's 'tennie' size 8 1/2, well broken in.  There was another bungie cord, this one a little different from the usual rubber cord and steel S-hooks at the ends, this is elastic and plastic, not really made for the long haul.  I hit for the cycle, all four coins!! Woo and Hoo, that always makes me smile!  And almost hit for the extended cycle, I found two sockets but alas, no lug nut, ah tragedy!  Ah Bartleby, ah humanity!

     Lots of bolts today, but just one (more) nut in the road.  There was a room card for what says is "Americas Best Value Inn" but it's really Red Lion, don't know much about that one.  And lastly, I spotted a fuzzy purple something in the road, so I had to look and it turns out to be a little baby roller brush, which I just happen to have a handle for.  So that will go in the paint tub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers