Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

ARE 200 PENS TOO MANY? : 03 01/2022


      This morning's run was after a session at PT where my friend Dillon helped get all those kinks out from the Cowtown race over the weekend.  Weird, we were in the same (timed) corral and even parked in the same UNT Health Science Center parking lot, but never saw each other. Of course, with about 8000 runners there Sunday, I can see how you'd miss seeing somebody. 

     It was another morning with an assortment of stuff.  I saw a shiny quarter at an intersection right off the bat and the gloves were at the curb right after that.  There was a steady stream of "nuts in the road" including a lug nut.  I found lots of change, 3 quarters, two nickels, 4 and 1/2 pennies, or maybe 4 and 3/4.  I see quite a few lighters, and most are empty, but this little guy still worked.  I even saw a slug that made me do a quick about face, thought it was a quarter.  But, no dime.  So big deal, I'm thankful for what found me.  

     Now as it turned out, I was getting 4 new tires on the CRV this week.  The tire place called me when I got back from my run to say they could mount the tires today, just drop the car off and they'd "get-er done".  So, I put the bike in the back of the car and drove over, and on the way back on the bike, what do you suppose I found in the road?  Yup, it was my dime! Hit for the cycle!!  I'm counting it toward today's treasures because I figure pedaling the bike was an extension of my workout.  And after all, it was in the road, and that's the name of the game here. Oh yeah, I also counted an extra pen I found pedaling through a parking lot which adds to the Ft Worth Community Credit Union pen I found earlier.  I know I know, are 2 pens enough, are 200 too many?  Well, yes there are probably 200 pens and markers by now, and yes I would probably hear my honey remind me that I only have one hand I write with, and do I really need all those pens?  Silly question, of course I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers