Followers

Monday, March 14, 2022

MORE GOOD KARMA : 03 13 2022


     There have been so many different kinds of things found already that it always makes me laugh when something new shows up. First new item today was a duplex electrical outlet lying there on the curb. I've found other electrical stuff like a 220v dryer cord and an outside extension cord but this is the 1st outlet. 
     Last summer while we were traveling I found some Tops Desert Storm collector cards in the original packaging scattered alongside the  road, some in better shape than others. Well, today I found my first NHL player card--who knew there were hockey cards??  Back when I was a kid we had "bubble gum cards", which were baseball player cards that came in a wrapper with 5 cards and a very large slab of gum and cost a while nickel.   It's all different now and all very collectable, and so.....drum roll please.....available at the 'Rundover Store' we have added to our sports line, the Evgenii Dadonov hockey card with all your favorite stats from 2009-2021.  Yup, I'm thinkin this will go fast.
     Everything else was typical Sunday 'treasures'.  I 'hit for the extended cycle (all 4 coins,socket,lug nut), thank you Creator of all for all those symbols of Your infinite abundance!  It's been feast or famine with dimes for some reason and today's 14 would be feast I guess.  24 pennies, 3 nickels and 6 quarters, go figure.  And the 1st quarter I found was a karma kind of thing.  I had found a roofing nail with a decent sized head that would easily have gone into somebody's tire so I picked it up to throw, but decided to just keep it for the photo.  Just around the corner at a busy intersection I spotted a quarter stuck in the asphalt in a lane of traffic and with that nail and a nearby rock and 3 cycles of the traffic light that little guy was in my pocket.  Wouldn't have happened if I didn't pick up the nail.  Good Karma!  There also was another Visa gift card at the curb and a Starbucks gift card too, not sure yet what's left on those.  I was just glad that the Visa was just a gift card as, unless I happen to find it, bad things usually happen when folks lose a regular credit card.
     Lastly, there was the usual nuts-bolts-washers-screws, but there also was a copper ring with PEX stamped on it.  I had no clue what that might be but after consulting "da Googles" it's a PEX crimp ring for piping.     Go figure-again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers