Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

THE RACOON FACTOR : 03 30 2022


      Got an earlier start, traffic was better this morning, and for some reason it was penny day.  The first one was the one with a bite out of it.  Looks like it has had a tough day already and it was only 7am.  Ten pennies or a dime all at once??   I'd much rather have the ten pennies find me, ten chances to be thankful instead of only one.  I found one of the stretchy bands with the blue velcro end on the way out and on the way back, on the other side of this 6-lane road (with a median) I found the other one--go figure.

     Lots of washers too, and I know I passed some by, they probably weren't shiny enough.  That can make a difference in whether something gets picked up or not.  That's probably the "Racoon Factor" my brother Dave (from up in the land of ice and snow) tells me about.  I guess maybe un-shiny is harder to see, especially when you're moving and scanning the path and the road at the same time.  And I don't pick up everything I see.  Why just today I passed by two chap sticks and a toothbrush, never even got near them (that will be another major eyeroll from my honey--sorry babe!)

     The ring I found looks like it has 5 small opals and 5 stones that look like diamonds but I suspect are probably cubic zirconia or maybe Moissanite.  It's still a nice ring and I found it on a concrete median between 7 lanes of traffic.  How it ended up there without getting beat up is a mystery.  So friends, step right up, we now have one more addition to the line of elegant jewelry at the 'Rundover Store'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers