Followers

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

UNG JE SERVIRAY : 03 20 2022


          Let me say, this is not a typical day's findings.  This is a longer Sunday run, which means more places to explore and more potential stuff to find.  The biggest item was the Eagle Flight hub cap and there was no way I wanted to carry that the last 6 or 7 miles.  I stashed it away from the road and came back later in the car for it, along with the pink women's sandles that were close by.  And speaking of women's sandles, good news friends, you'll be able to find these in the 'Rundover Store' and remember, it's first come first serve. 
     The most unusual item was a heavy brass paperweight found at a street crossing.  It's from Highclere Castle in England where they filmed Downtown Abbey, it has a coat of arms and the motto,"UNG JE SERVIRAT" meaning "One I Will Serve".  No idea how that got there, but it was at the same intersection where previously I've found a $20 bill and another time a passport.  So, I will make a point of running through there on a regular basis!
     The black glove is number seven for the week I think? I'm kind of on a roll now.  The yellow glove I saw and noticed that the pointy finger is missing! I saw no reason to pick up until I found the finger (no, not an actual finger!!) cloth a second later.  Not sure I want to know how that happened, but it'll only be here for the picture.  That's a Defender Pro phone case at the upper right, didn't see a phone anywhere so that's good, I know I'd hate losing mine. 
      Lots of change out there today, way more than what I'd usually find but I suspect that since I haven't run this route in a while maybe it's had a chance to build up. 10 quarters, 16 dimes, 3 nickels, and 81 pennies and 28 of the pennies were pretty beat up, bent, or missing a chunk, or worn right down to the zinc.  Never the less, I am thankful for every single little beat up 'shiny' penny.  So... I guess you could say I hit for the extended cycle today (all 4 coins,socket,lug nut), twice even!  That always makes me laugh, so many little blessings!!
     Four pens and a drawing pencil today, I'm going to need another pen holder,  that's four, five now?  There were a pair of women's sunshades, something else for the 'Rundover' collection.  Also a drivers license in a driveway going into a pretty big shopping plaza.  The address on it was quite a ways from here-Allen TX so I guess somebody was visiting.  It might be simpler to just drop that off at DPS and let them work their magic.   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers