Followers

Saturday, April 16, 2022

ESCAPE FROM THE PICKUP TRUCK : 04 16 2022

 



     An interesting assortment today.  The first lug nut needed a little assistance out of some asphalt, and I found a nut driver handle while getting it out and cleaning it off.  Next there was most of a flat blade screwdriver along with the 10 of Clubs.  There was no sign of the other 51 cards though.  The tennis ball is number four I think, and oddly, it was nowhere near a tennis court.  I passed a Frost Bank and guess what I found there?  No credit cards or change, just two Frost pens.  In the middle of an intersection there were 15 socket adapter/drill adapter/drill nut driver/phillips head adapter pieces and it took three light changes to get out there and find all of these.  Never saw a holder for them or a box to store them in so I'm at a loss to explain how they got there.  I guess they must have jumped out of the back of a pickup trying to escape and that's as far as they got.
     I wrote about the tiny bungie cord and its bigger brother on 'Lost Zip' and 'Basilic Tooth' and today we have a tiny S hook.  I find tons of its bigger brothers in the road either in or out of a bungie cord, and this is the first one this small.  Who knows, with the right diet and exercise, this one could be a big guy too someday.  I did hit for the extended cycle today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nut)!!! Yah Hoo!  I'm always grateful for all the various and sundry coinage that finds me out there, and I never know what there will be or where it will be.  I just know it will find me (or rather Someone will direct it to me, or me to it).  Today the nickel was nowhere.  I kept finding pennies and dimes (BTW thank you Creator!) and had just decided I was done.  And then 50 yards from the end, there in the road, along the curb line, there was the shiny nickel.  Very large laugh!!!  There's always the rhetorical "how do You do that?" But I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers