Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

PURPLE HUB CAP : 04 17 2022

 

     A purple hub cap????  In the road?  The longer Sunday runs never disappoint.  Yes, that is a purple hub cap.  Just when I thought I'd seen it all, there's one of these guys.  I found it a few miles out and I stashed it to pick up on my return along with the a gas cap and a 25' measuring tape. Both were in the road and in pretty good shape, that's got to be the 4th or 5th tape measure and it's probably the best one I've found.  I checked on line and they're $15 new--go figure.  I found a UPS ball cap too, I think that 's 2 or 3 of those I've found now.  One of those guys that drive those 'convection ovens on wheels' with the doors open probably had one blow out.  'Brown' is usually delivering a box to me 4 or 5 times a month with either Access Bars, or protein, or Sustain sports drink, or the like so I'll have to ask Mark my driver if he lost one.

     My command of the Spanish language comes from 3 days of HS Spanish class, whereupon I went back to French class (hey, at least I tried! It's not like I live in Madrid.) That said, I found, what says on it, to be a Mexican Consular ID card. It seems our foreign visitors have the same trouble some of us do keeping track of our driver's licenses, credit cards, and passports. Go figure.  Next, (trumpet sound)  I found another rubber duckie!!! Woo Hoo! That makes 15!  I'm getting a regular flock going here.  He's blue and has a 3rd eye in his forehead?!  Not sure if he's psychic, but there was though, back 20 or 30 years ago when Pokeman was a big thing, a character called Psyduck who was psychic, but strangely he was a platypus not a duck.  Be sure to be taking notes, I'm almost positive this will be on the mid-term.

     I found a painted rock in a driveway off a busy intersection that said "Parker's Rocks" with a cute little yellow duck  on it.  Come to find out it's a commemorative for a little person named Parker Cole who unfortunately was only here for 5 months. It's the family's way of dealing with their loss and they hope it will be uplifting.  Whoever finds the rock goes to the website to let them know it was found and then that person hides it again.  That's sweet. 

     And of course, I hit for the extended cycle (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nut)----yeayuh!!!!  Thank you Creator of all for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance!  I was talking to my UPS driver recently and he is finding change everywhere as well.  I'm thinking that on the days when I happen to be running along his route, I'll need to head out before he gets there, beat him to the punch! (sorry Mark!)  

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers