Followers

Saturday, April 23, 2022

FISHING REEL (no, reely!) : 04 23 2022


      Spotted a fishing reel in the road.  How does one of those get there, and without the rod?  Heck I didn't see any fish either.  Not sure how it escaped out of the boat.  Dunno.  But, judging from my past fishing expertise, I could use that reel (or most any reel) and the fish would still be safe.  I figured that snarl of fishing line is probably some special trolling technique, you put multiple lures on that mess and pitch it in the lake and then pull out your limit, right?

     The steel pin/rod next to the fishing reel was at the curb line early on and I stashed it to get on the way back.  I guess it's a chisel maybe?  I found the small straight blade screwdriver at an intersection, not too far from the reel actually.  I picked up the lock just for the picture, as representative of what's in the road.  The red tag was curious, it was in a parking lot of a CVS nowhere near the interstate, and it says,"Reverse Logistics, highway transport only."  It appears that some of the journey of what it was formerly attached to was not highway but local streets.  I won't tell if you won't tell.  

     I hit for the cycle today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter)-- woo hoo! Several times over too, and the pennies were scattered out over the whole run, I kept finding them along the curb line.  It's funny how they always find me. Last night I had stopped to get a Powerball ticket at a convenience store, and  I opened up the car door and what's at my feet?  My shiny penny.  I'm hoping it was a sign!! (and thank you Creator!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers